Search This Blog

Friday, July 1, 2011

Fen Hoppin

Hello all, this week I was given the opportunity to atlas in the off limits section of Honda of America.  I didn't find any rare birds besides a nice blue grosbeak, but I found a huge colony of Dukes Skippers.  There were at least 30 of them.  I also visited Gramp's fen earlier in the week and had some other cools wetland bugs, so I thought I do a hodge-podge post of the pics.....
Coral Hairstreak

Delaware Skipper

Delaware Skipper, note the black veins in the wing..

Dukes' Skipper, my favorite skipper by far!

Another Dukes'

This is what the Dukes' look like from above

Question mark, note the white question mark

Mulberry Wing Skipper - there are a lot of these at Shively Fen

Striped Hairstreak- I can't figure out if this guy is brand spanking new or if the flash screwed up;ideas?
I hate putting two post on one day, but I have been out atlasing everyday and I have had very little free time lately, so don't miss the metalmark post below!

No comments:

Post a Comment