Search This Blog

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Northern Hairstreak

I had this Northern and two others at Lippincott Bird Sanctuary in Lima.  To get there, get off I-75 at the 117 exit and follow 117 southeast past the fairgrounds.  About a half mile on the left you will see the sign for Lippincott bird santuary.  If you get to the old style diner, you have gone too far.  They only seem to come out after 5:30 PM or so.  If anyone needs better directions call me at 937-935-9023.  Also had Long Dashes and Banded Hairstreaks.  All the good stuff was on dogbane right along the main path back to the woods(the path directly behind the information sign).
Northern Hairstreak(A tough find in Ohio!)

Gotta love that "M" maybe I'll get the other "M" hairstreak this summer!

I just can't get enough of this bug!

No comments:

Post a Comment